[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″ background_image=”http://test.hydroco.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/banner-inner-image1.jpg”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.5.0″ hover_enabled=”0″]
Installing a steam shower in your home[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_image src=”http://test.hydroco.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/adding_header.png” alt=”Modern bathroom with hydrosteam steam generator installed in shower” _builder_version=”3.26.7″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_code module_class=”breadcrumbs” _builder_version=”4.4.5″ global_module=”1771″][/et_pb_code][et_pb_button button_url=”/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/HydroSteam2016.pdf” url_new_window=”on” button_text=”Download Brochure” button_alignment=”right” _builder_version=”3.26.7″][/et_pb_button][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.5.0″ hover_enabled=”0″]
Home Steam shower installation[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row column_structure=”1_2,1_2″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.26.6″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.5.0″ hover_enabled=”0″]
It’s all about the planning when it comes to installing a steam shower. Items that require planning and consideration are waterproofing, steam retention, electrical and plumbing requirements.
Your plan should include:
- Size And Location – Choose a comfortable size, big enough where you can stretch your legs, but not so big that you have to waste a lot of energy to keep it full.
- Ceiling height – The lower ceiling height, the easier it is to fill. 2.4m is an ideal height.
- Outside walls – Outside walls are affected by the external weather. For the sake of efficiency, we prefer you keep your steam room away from these walls.
- Windows and skylights – your steam room should not have any windows or skylights as they affect the steam.
- Doors – Doors need to contain the steam, if some escapes thats ok
- Ventilation – Ensure the ventilation of the room is planned to prevent mould from growing
- Placement of generator – The generator must be placed within 10m of the steam shower and is in a location that isn’t prone to extreme temperatures
- Floor – Your steam shower floor should not be slippery to prevent any injury. We recommend the placement of anti-skid strips
- Electrical installation – Make sure you use a qualified electrician to connect your generator to the main power board in your home. Your electrician will also install any other elements that will keep your home safe from any related electrical issues.
- Plumbing – Use a qualified plumber to connect all the plumbing including water pipes, steam pipes and drainage within your steam room.